- Who is Sysmex?
- Life Science
- Flow cytometry
- Solution Provision
- Knowledge Centre
- Clinic & Laboratory
Select your local website
OncoBEAM in colorectal cancer
Liquid biopsy for the detection of RAS and BRAF mutations
- Quick. Whenever. Just blood.
- Reliable detection of RAS and BRAF mutations
- Highly sensitive liquid biopsy (MAF 0.02%)
Why test for RAS and BRAF mutation in colorectal cancer (CRC)?
Clinical guidelines recommend expanded RAS testing to select metastasised CRC (mCRC) patients eligible for anti-EGFR therapy.1,2 For all patients with stage IV metastatic CRC at diagnosis, BRAF mutation analysis is also recommended as an indicator of poor prognosis.2 The potential clinical utility of BRAF inhibitors in combination with anti-EGFR therapy is currently being investigated in clinical trials.
To test for these clinically actionable mutations, minimally invasive liquid biopsy has become a valuable tool. It delivers real-time and unbiased information supporting treatment decisions and monitoring of the patient’s response to treatment or the emergence of resistance.3
The Sysmex Inostics’ OncoBEAM RAS CRC IVD kit provides unparalleled sensitivity and thereby ensures reliable detection of RAS mutations from plasma samples, also at very low mutant allele fractions (MAFs). This provides guidance for physicians regarding therapy selection. Using the OncoBEAM RAS CRC IVD kit for monitoring RAS mutations during anti-EGFR therapy may provide early insight into predicting clinical outcomes in mCRC patients as well.3.6
The clinical value of the OncoBEAM RAS CRC IVD kit has been demonstrated in various studies and is applied worldwide in our centres of excellence for helping physicians in selecting the right therapy at the right time for the right patients.
OncoBEAM RAS CRC (IVD)
Detection of 34 RAS mutations – 16 mutations in KRAS codons 12, 13, 59, 61, 117, 146 and 18 mutations in NRAS codons 12, 13, 59, 61, 117, 146 – in cell-free DNA extracted from 3 mL of plasma. The test is intended to aid clinicians in determining the potential benefit of anti-epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) therapy for colorectal cancer patients.
OncoBEAM BRAF (RUO*)
Detection of BRAF V600E mutation in cell-free DNA extracted from 3 mL of plasma.
The OncoBEAM advantage
- High concordance with tissue: OncoBEAM EGFR demonstrated a high overall percent agreement in several clinical studies
- Safe and convenient: Minimally invasive, low risk
- Accurate information: Blood sample evaluation represents patient's current mutational status; information of tumour dynamics in real time (6)
- No selection bias: Evaluate primary tumour and metastases from one sample
- Ability to monitor: Allows multiple measurements to assess drug response and resistance (1,2)
- Taus A et al. (2018): Dynamics of EGFR Mutation Load in Plasma for Prediction of Treatment Response and Disease Progression in Patients With EGFR-Mutant Lung Adenocarcinoma. Clinical Lung Cancer [Epub ahead of print]
- Yu H et al. (2017): A Phase I, Dose Escalation Study of Oral ASP8273 in Patients with Non-small Cell Lung Cancers with Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor Mutations. Clin Cancer Res 23(24):7467-7473.
- NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology™: Colon Cancer. National Comprehensive Cancer Network. V2.2016
- Novello S, Barlesi F, Califano R et al. (2016): Metastatic non-small-cell lung cancer: ESMO Clinical Practice Guidelines for diagnosis, treatment and follow-up. Ann Oncol 2016; 27(Suppl 5): v1–v27
- Oxnard GR et al. (2016): Association between plasma genotyping and outcomes of treatment with osimertinib (AZD9291) in advanced non-small-cell lung cancer. J Clin Oncol. 34(28) : 3375 – 3382.
- Tabernero J et al. (2015): Analysis of Circulating DNA and Protein Biomarkers to Predict the Clinical Activity of Regorafenib and Assess Prognosis in Patients with Metastatic Colorectal Cancer: A Retrospective, Exploratory Analysis of the CORRECT Trial. The Lancet Oncology 16(8):937 – 948.
*For research use only. Any in vitro diagnostics purpose has not been established by the manufacturer.
Want to know more about Sysmex Inostics offers?