- Life Science
- Flow cytometry
- Solution Provision
- Knowledge Centre
- Clinic & Laboratory
Select your local website
Automated cell washer for flow cytometry sample preparation
- Facilitates routine washing steps when preparing blood samples for flow cytometric analysis
- Programmable for automatic cycles of centrifugation, decanting and resuspension of cell pellets
- Rotors are compatible with the PS-10 sample preparation system
Developed to be used in conjunction with the Sysmex PS-10 sample preparation system, the Hettich Rotolavit II-S automates the routine washing steps when preparing blood samples for flow cytometric analysis.
Its modern touch screen enables the simple and rapid input of up to 20 different programs, which can be run on demand. The programs are set up by freely combining modular steps for the different functionalities that can be further customized by adjusting the desired speed and time of centrifugation, decantation, and volume of refilling with washing solution.
- High processing speed by washing up to 24 samples simultaneously.
- Customised processes can be generated by combining individual process steps from the following:
- Fill (dispense saline solution into all tubes in the used rotor)
- Spin (spin the rotor to pellet cells)
- Decant (decanting of supernatant)
- Agit (resuspension of cell pellets by agitation/shaking)
- Down (short spin to collect droplets at the base of the tubes)
- Loop (can be applied to automatically repeat previous steps of the process)
- Check (automatically interrupts the process to allow visual inspection of the samples)
- The process steps can be individually configured (e.g. change time or speed) by the user and stored in the device.
- Change acceleration and deceleration to optimize cell viability.
- The configured process steps are processed automatically by the device.
- The instrument is used with Sysmex-specific swing out rotors with 12 or 24 sample tube positions, which are also compatible with Sysmex PS-10 sample preparation system.
- Generation of processes is password protected.
- Logs information on use of system.
- Selection of six different operating languages available on the Rotolavit II-S (English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese and Italian)
0.1 ml to 4 ml per sample tube
Sample fill volume ± 15%
Up to 3500 rpm
Up to 1438 RFC
Kinetic energy, max.
12 position swing out rotor, 24 position swing out rotor
Sample Tube capacity
Up to 12 or 24 tubes (depending on rotor used)
Compatible sample tubes
H x W x D
280 mm x 330 mm x 480 mm (closed lid)
Height with open lid: 580 mm
approx. 24.4 kg
100 to 240 V / 50/60 Hz / 150 W / 144 VA / Fuse: 10 A / 250 V F