All-in-one haematology workstation for blood counting, smearing and staining
- XR-Series flagship blood cell counters combined with the fully integrated slide preparation unit SP-50
- Fully automated workflow from counting to staining without manual intervention
- Short turnaround times, fewer biohazard procedures
- Integrated analyser back-up concept
- Extended IPU included as standard
- Optional integration of the digital imaging analyser DI-60
XR-3000: double-capacity blood cell counting coupled with high-quality blood smear production
The XR-3000 combines a double-unit XR-Series flagship analyser with the slide preparation unit SP-50. The three modules are seamlessly interconnected by a single sampler, creating a fully integrated workstation that processes your blood samples fully automatically and provides you with stained blood smears of consistently high quality – the prerequisite for meaningful cell microscopy results. With Extended IPU, the XR-3000 automatically produces peripheral blood smears for samples that require one – meaning you focus on what matters.
The XR-3000 is particularly well suited to labs with a steady, medium workload and a relatively high smear rate. Depending on the workload of your smears, you can choose the SP-50 configuration that best suits your needs: the standard version SP-50 S or the high-throughput version SP-50 H.
The XR-3000 includes our superb Extended IPU software as standard – it intelligently manages your sample and data workflow, provides handy tools for manual slide reviews and offers evidence-based pre-configured rule sets for validation.
Taking automation one step further, integrate the optional digital imaging module DI-60, including digital cell morphology review, into your all-in-one haematology workstation XR-3000.
Rerun & Reflex functionality
- Rerun & Reflex ensures the reproducible quality of results within the shortest turnaround times: samples for which the analyses must be repeated or extended no longer need to be selected and reloaded manually. The reflex sampler automatically feeds them into the best-suited analysis module for extended measurements. This means the integral intelligent reflex functionality allows a streamlined workflow and significant increase in walk-away time.
- The two analysis modules process rack samples simultaneously, so they can distribute the work, including reflex measurements, between them in an ideal way without manual intervention. The Extended IPU intelligently controls this with its customisable rule sets, triggering reflex tests and smears automatically for pathological samples and those showing interferences, and routing these samples to the individual modules for the quickest processing. Extended measurements are only performed if they offer additional value.
- The XR-3000 has a single point of sample entry and a single point of sample exit. Reflex testing for additional analytical applications occurs before samples pass the SP-50 module. Subsequently, samples needing a smear are sent to the SP-50 module. Like extended measurements, smears are only performed if they offer additional value for diagnostic support. You may also order a smear up front, for instance with known special samples.
- Depending on the analytical applications installed on the XR analysis modules and the add-on rule sets configured in the Extended IPU, the range of rule-based reflex tests can be enlarged and refined.
Scalable capabilities through dedicated applications and configurations
- The XR analysis modules are fully scalable in terms of analytical applications and offer sophisticated analytical capabilities as standard, such as nucleated red blood cells included in every complete blood count, and immature granulocytes with every WBC differential. This not only supports diagnostics but can also help reduce smear workloads.
- Choose from a range of optional analytical applications and licences the ones that best meet your specific requirements. You will find more detailed information on each option on the XR-2000 product page.
- To meet variable laboratory needs flexibly, the SP-50 comes in two throughput configurations, so you can opt for the model that fits your smear ratio. You can obtain more detailed information in the ‘Technical specifications’ tab and on the SP-50’s dedicated product page.
- The Extended IPU offers a wide range of optional add-ons and dedicated rule sets you can choose from to set up your personalised workflow.
User-friendly sample processing and system management
- You save time and resources thanks to XR-Series’ advanced flagging algorithm that reduces the need for smears while rule sets in Extended IPU automate their processing, leading to a more efficient workflow including longer walk-away time.
- Thanks to its space-saving, integrated analytical backup solution, the XR-3000 is economical to operate and offers peace of mind in daily routine.
- Sysmex’s automated slide preparation unit SP-50 standardises and accelerates the complete slide preparation and staining procedure of human whole blood samples while decreasing TAT and manual errors. The SP-50 is equipped with the latest technology to produce consistent, high-quality blood smears. Staining results are optimised using a variety of Sysmex and RAL Diagnostics reagents specifically adapted to and manufactured for the SP-50.
- When including the optional digital imaging analyser DI-60, the transition of blood smears from the SP-50 to the DI-60 is seamless. The DI-60 eliminates the need for manual intervention in microscopy analysis and provides the opportunity to create powerful digital morphology networks to enhance the efficiency of consultation and expertise-sharing within the same laboratory or between multiple laboratories.
- Extended IPU automatically optimises your smear review rate using standard evidence-based or customisable rule sets which utilise the XR Series’ intelligent flagging algorithm and counting results to ensure you only make a smear when it yields additional diagnostic value.
- Your individual XR-3000 can be connected to a network that includes other XR and Sysmex solutions at other locations (e.g. satellite labs). All the rules and settings can be managed centrally to achieve complete standardisation across multiple locations.
- The WebViewer (an option within the Extended IPU) allows access to all graphical and numerical results using a web-based protocol, reaching beyond the physical borders of the laboratory.
- The integrated Sysmex Support Manager offers convenient functionalities that monitor the system’s performance, resulting in maximum system uptime and guaranteed service response times. Further, it provides the function of automatically downloading QC assay data with each new lot of QC materials (ADAD).
|WBC CBC+DIFF / RET / PLT-F / WPC: fluorescence flow cytometry
RBC/PLT: hydrodynamically focussed impedance
HGB: cyanide-free SLS haemoglobin
88 µL in whole blood (WB) mode and body fluid (BF) mode
190 µL in HPC mode
70 µL for smear preparation in auto mode
38 µL for smear preparation in manual mode
Two modules of XR-10 / XR-20:
SP-50 (S / H) module:
|XN Check (three levels) and XN Check BF (two levels)
Assay data auto-download (ADAD)
Patient sample-based QC (XbarM)
Web application for interlaboratory comparison (CaresphereTM XQC)
CBC (always with NRBC) & DIFF (always with IG)
With RET (optional)
With PLT-F (optional)
With BF (body fluids; optional)
|XR-3000 S [DIFF], XR-3000 S [WPC], XR-3000 H [DIFF], XR-3000 H [WPC]